|I’m not much of a cook, but food gifts are always appreciated at Valentine’s. Especially if they are chocolate! I thought I’d share a yummy and easy recipe I’ve used for Valentine’s gifting in the past. Wish I had time to make some this year, but maybe you do!|
- 1 (16 ounce) package OREO chocolate sandwich cookies, divided
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 (8 ounce) packages semi-sweet baking chocolate, melted
- Crush 9 of the cookies to fine crumbs in food processor; reserve for later use. (Cookies can also be finely crushed in a resealable plastic bag using a rolling pin.) Crush remaining 36 cookies to fine crumbs; place in medium bowl. Add cream cheese; mix until well blended. Roll cookie mixture into 42 balls, about 1-inch in diameter.
- Dip balls in chocolate using 2 forks or tongs; place on wax paper-covered baking sheet. (Any leftover chocolate can be stored at room temperature for another use.) Sprinkle with reserved cookie crumbs or colorful sprinkles, if you wish.
- Refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour. Store leftover truffles, covered, in refrigerator.
|These are really delicious and will be well-received by any chocolate lover! Make it an even more special gift by placing in pretty paper boxes. This is a picture of one of Martha Stewart’s Christmas paper box kits, but the colors make it perfect for Valentine’s, too.|