A PRACTICAL AND ORIGINAL GUIDE FOR HOME STAGING PROFESSIONALS
Whether you are a seasoned home staging professional or an aspiring home stager, this book will offer you a unique perspective on the art, science and business of home staging.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN WITH THIS BOOK
ABOUT THE BOOK
In this book, Kristie Barnett reveals the secrets of her proven method of Psychological Staging to quickly sell residential real estate for top dollar. This method has earned her both local and national awards for home staging, and has made The Decorologist® the go-to authority in the field of real estate staging.
THIS BOOK IS FOR YOU IF YOU ARE
- Ready to up your game as a staging professional
- Itching to start your own staging business from scratch, or
- Serious about staging your own home like a pro
Ch.1 – The Psychology of Home Staging
- The Need for Home Staging
- Staging vs. Decorating
- Shifting from Home to House
- Understanding What Buyers Want
- Managing Emotionally-Attached Clients
Ch.2 – The Process of Home Staging
- Conducting a Staging Consultation
- Providing a Staging Report and Bid Proposal
- Staging the Property
- Kickstarting Your Home Staging Business
Ch. 3 – Pre-Staging With Strategic Editing
- Guiding Clients to Declutter
- Storing Within the Home
- Decluttering Prior to Staging
- Repairs and Maintenance
Ch. 4 – Psychological Staging Goals
- Making Rooms Appear Larger
- Making the Property Seem More High-End
- Accentuating the Positive
- Downplaying the Negative
- What You Don’t Have to Do in Staging
Ch. 5 – Arranging Furniture to Psychological Advantage
- Addressing the Architecture
- Staging Living Rooms
- Staging Dining Rooms
- Staging Bedrooms
- Staging Bathrooms
Ch. 6 – Staging to the Emotions of Buyers
- The Importance of the First Impression
- Appealing to the Male and Female Psyches
- Creating Memory Points
- Creating Emotional Attachments
- Establishing a Single Purpose for Each Room
Ch. 7 – Secret Weapons of the Trade
- Focusing on the Most Important Rooms
- Building Your Arsenal of Staging Props
Ch. 8 – The Psychology of Color in Staging
- Painting in Open Concept Spaces
- On-Trend Neutral Paint Colors
- Using the Psychology of Color and Color Placement
Ch. 9 – Psychological Marketing
- Photographing for MLS and Portfolio
- Working with Real Estate Professionals
- Using Comparables to Best Advantage
Ch. 10 – Client Forms
- Client Handout: Why Stage Your Home?
- Staging Recommendation Report
- Staging Proposal
Being in construction and design for over 15 years—and buying and selling real estate even longer than that—I thought I had a good grip on what buyers need to see and feel when they view a property. Kristie’s book has shown me there is a lot more to staging a property than just making it look pretty. In fact, that’s not what is needed at all. Kristie has used her psychology background and color specialist credentials to put together a proven system to sell a home. If you are a homeowner, a Realtor, a contractor, or a designer- you need this manual. It will up your game when it comes time to sell your property- and give you the extra edge in business to be a step above the competition.
– Elizabeth Scruggs, Interior Decorator
What a thorough and resourceful insight into the magic of staging! Excellent color photos throughout the book and plenty of before/after visuals. Tips and tricks featured for every room. A must read for any decorator, Realtor®, homeowner, designer. I am a Nashville Realtor and I am a true believer in Psychological Staging as presented by Kristie Barnett. If you want to learn staging, learn from the best.
– Melissa Allen, Real Estate Professional
I love this book on home staging! Kristie goes through the process of staging a home from furniture arrangement to paint colors and lots more. Anyone interested in home decorating and re-design will enjoy reading this book and the photographs are fabulous! The book is a great resource for Realtors and staging professionals as well.
– Wendy Wilhoit, Owner-Operator of Brick Anew
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Kristie Barnett is an award--winning expert in residential home staging and decoration. She authors the popular design blog, The Decorologist, where she inspires and teaches her readers how to create the homes they have always dreamed of. Kristie works with local clients in Nashville, Tennessee and online clients throughout the country.
She currently serves as a Regional Vice President for the Real Estate Staging Association. Recent awards include Real Estate Staging Association (RESA) Top 10 Redesigns of the Year 2014 and 2015, RESA Staging of the Year in North America 2013, Toast of Music City Award for Interior Decorator 2014, Best of Houzz Awards 2013, 2014, and 2015, and Greater Nashville House & Home Reader’s Favorite Award for Staging 2012 and 2013.
Kristie is a contributing writer for Everyday Home magazine and The Tennessean newspaper, and has written for the top home design website Houzz.com. Her articles and designs have been featured in numerous national design and news publication outlets including Romantic Homes, Everyday Home, The Washington Post, USA Weekend, ABC News, and GoodHousekeeping.com.
Kristie offers Expert Psychological Staging™ (EPS) certification training and teaches classes and workshops on choosing paint color, arranging furniture, and decorating on a budget. She also donates her time and talent to multiple charitable organizations in and around Nashville, where she lives with her husband and two daughters.