YMCA ShowHouse Fire

I was so sad to hear that the YMCA ShowHouse I visited in Brentwood last month suffered $600,000 worth of damage in a fire.   The builder of the 7,300 square foot European farmhouse bought the home for himself and his family.  Here’s a picture I snapped of the home last week after I heard the news.

It’s hard to see in these photos, but everything looked black through the windows and all along the roofline was singed.  According to the Tennessean, the cause of the fire was attributed to an unattended candle.  Yikes.  Tickets to tour the house were sold earlier this summer to raise money for youth programs for the Middle Tennessee YMCA.  You can see the once-beautiful interiors here.

Photo Credits:  Kristie Barnett (me).


  1. LaJuana Gill

    SO sad!

  2. joy

    I cannot believe it became memories so soon…sad

  3. Michelle

    Kristie, the owners might appreciate some of your photos!

  4. kristiebarnett

    guess what? i just found out from someone who knows the owner that the fire started not from an unattended candle, but from a Glade plug-in!!!


Submit a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Related Posts

paint color training course

Staging Certification

paint color training course

Color Certification

paint color training course

My Staging Book

paint color training course

Small Wall

paint color training course