The Decorologist’s Call to Ban the Boob Light!
You know how much I want to help you. I consider this a public service announcement, really. There ARE alternatives, affordable alternatives, to the boob light fixtures that have been prevalent in homes across the land for the last couple of decades. The time has come to BAN THE BOOB LIGHT once and for all! You’re gonna want to PIN this:
Home stagers and homeowners are always looking for on-trend and affordable alternatives to the flush-mount boob light, so I put together some great options from Lowe’s for under $100. No, they aren’t paying me to do this, but they should be!
16 Non Boob Light Options for Flush Mount Lighting
1. Galaxy Ansley 14-in W Ivory White Fabric Semi-Flush Mount Light $79
2. Style Selections Grayford 22.2-in W Brushed Nickel Shades Semi-Flush Mount Light $69
3. allen + roth Yately 8.68-in W Specialty Brass Clear Glass Semi-Flush Mount Light $69
4. Galaxy 8.5-in W Brushed Nickel Ceiling Flush Mount Light $69
5. Kichler Lighting Bands 14.02-in W Brushed Nickel Fabric Semi-Flush Mount Light $79
6. Quoizel Marquee 12-in W Bronze Ceiling Flush Mount Light $69
7. allen + roth 8.62-in W Dark Oil-Rubbed Bronze Opalescent Glass Semi-Flush Mount Light $45
8. Quoizel Norfolk 11.87-in W Brushed Nickel Clear Glass Semi-Flush Mount Light $99
9. allen + roth Eberline 9.06-in W Oil-Rubbed Bronze Ceiling Flush Mount Light $79
10. Kichler Lighting 12.24-in W Chrome Frosted Glass Semi-Flush Mount Light $79
11. Quoizel Valentina 15.5-in W Bronze Clear Glass Semi-Flush Mount Light $99
12. Kichler Lighting Edenbrook 11.38-in W Brushed Nickel Frosted Glass Semi-Flush Mount Light $89
13. Kichler Lighting 12.52-in W Chrome Frosted Glass Semi-Flush Mount Light $89
14. allen + roth 14.75-in W Black/White Standard Ceiling Flush Mount Light $89
15. allen + roth Arctura 7.01-in W Brushed Nickel Metal Semi-Flush Mount Light $39
16. Progress Lighting Inspire 13-in W Brushed Nickel Fabric Semi-Flush Mount Light $68
Granted, some of these selections still have the nipple – but the rest of the fixture does not resemble a boob, which is a major part of this travesty of design.
Oh, wait. You know what I’m talking about, right?
Let me remind you:
For the love of all things good and decent, please like and share this post to save others from committing this design atrocity.
Sign up for my Expert Psychological Stager™ certification course coming up in March 2020. I’ll teach you everything I wish someone had taught me when I started my business 13 years ago! Get on the fast track and have a blast learning all you need to know to stage and redesign homes like a pro: